Monday, September 22, 2008

Career Test

by Nicole

This morning I decided to take a quick career test on Monster.com.  I have known for a while now that I have no definite plans for after our road trip comes to an end.  I am very much hoping that I have an epiphany of sorts while on the trip and that I return home knowing exactly what I want to do with the rest of my life.  Because the odds of this happening are 99.9% positive in my mind, but realistically much less, I have decided to explore my future career options through online career quizzes.  I am not going to consider the accuracy of these online, anybody-could-make-'em career tests, but instead consider the insight that they can provide.  I am thinking that if I take enough of them, eventually I can come to some median answers about what my future career aspirations should be.  Here are my results from the Monster.com quiz I took:

Life as an ENFP
(Extravert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver)

People of this type tend to be enthusiastic, talkative and outgoing; clever, curious and playful; deeply caring, sensitive and gentle; highly innovative, creative, optimistic and unique; adaptable and resourceful but sometimes disorganized.

The most important thing to ENFPs is the freedom to see possibilities, make connections and be with a variety of people.

Great careers for ENFPs

Here are just a few popular and often satisfying careers for people whose Personality Type is ENFP:

Advertising account executive
Career / outplacement counselor
Management consultant
Developer of educational software
Journalist / magazine reporter
Graphic designer
Art director
Copywriter
Corporate team trainer
Psychologist
Inventor
Human resources professional

Take your own career test and let us know what your results are!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really cool! I think you would be great in advertising, by the way. I've never known anyone as good at selling ideas as you are!