Saturday, September 20, 2008

Distracted

by Sarah
Sorry for being MIA the last week or so. There's really no excuse for not blogging during the most exciting time of my life (alright, a bit of an exaggeration...). But seriously, I am so excited for our road trip. I've got my computer all suited up for the event too- complete with a RTN bumper sticker and all. Reading Nicole & Lauren's posts are getting me psyched for the event. Maybe part of the reason I haven't been too sure of it all is because I'm still waiting to hear back from my boss as to whether I can get the time off from work or not. I know it will all work out in the end, it's just a matter of time until it all goes through. Honestly, during the past week, its just been hard for me to focus on the road trip when there is so much going on with my family, job, and friends. One of my major distractions is that my very close friend Maria is leaving for Ghana with the Peace Corps in exactly one week. Well, I guess technically she's going to Philly first, but still, I mean, Ghana's the next stop! I got to spend some quality time with her before she left. She came to my house and we went bike riding, got coffee, & went to the beach. The weather was that crisp-air fall weather that is absolutely perfect. Still, I have to get used to the fact that one of my closest friends will be leaving for two years to a far away country. Still, I do feel a sense of peace that this is so right for her- it will be an incredible experience. We're not sure what type of communication she'll have when she's there, so after she leaves, who knows the next time we'll talk. As you can probably understand, I'm a little distracted with this on my mind. Honestly, I know her going to the Peace Corps will be the "hardest job she'll ever love" as their slogan goes. I wish her the very best and cannot wait to hear all about it! So, once I'm not so distracted with life, I'll try and actually write about the road trip.

No comments: